Monday 3 May 2010

7 sleeps to go.........

It has just dawned on me that in a week's time I am heading to Canada. It seems such a long time ago now that I received the good news that I had been awarded the fellowship.

So this week is the important bit.......packing! I have already been window shopping for new practical luggage. Especially as I usually have a strong man in tow to carry my luggage for me, but alas travelling on my own has it's down falls. I have a horrible feeling I am going to have to limit the number of shoes I can take.

Hopefully this week I will get some time to finalise my itinerary. The fellowship stresses the importance of allowing time for some fluidity within the trip and this is something I am finding particularly hard. As a control freak, knowing I don't yet have a train book between the two legs of my journey is making me reach for the Calm tablets.

So I hope you will follow me on my journey and enjoy the stories I write from across the pond.

1 comment: